HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY JEWELLERY?
Crystals are a natural occurrence in nature. They're delicate and need to be handled with TLC.
- Dropping, tapping or knocking your jewellery on hard surfaces can damage your crystal.
- Opals require special care, read further info here.
- Contact with water, humidity or any other liquid will cause crystal opals to lose their colour.
- Keep your jewellery stored safely on its own in a protective box.
- To keep your silver, gold or rose gold plated jewellery in the best condition possible, keep it away from water, salt water, chlorine, perfumes, make-up, fake tan, hairspray, cleaning products, lotions, oils and any oxidising agents (like hair dye; peroxide).
- Take off your jewellery before swimming, showering or having a bubble bath.
- Do not wear your jewellery at the gym, yoga, while running, at your boxing class or any other activity. Sweat is a complex, natural thing (that contains sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, fatty acids and much more) and it can speed up oxidisation.
- Always take off your jewellery before you go to sleep.
- Be careful dressing and undressing, take your jewellery off first and put it on last.
- To clean your jewellery, gently polish with a soft cloth. Don't use cleaning products. A super soft cloth and gentle touch is all you need.
- Just like us, jewellery doesn't like extreme heat, direct sunlight or humid environments. It can cause it to fade or tarnish more rapidly over an extended period of time.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY CONNECTOR BRACELETS?
Connector Bracelets refers to any crystal or metal charm threaded on a waxed cord. Your Connector Bracelet can be worn all day every day, but you still need to take care of it.
- To maximise the life of your Connector Bracelet, make sure it's not snagged or caught on clothing or other jewellery.
- Connector Bracelets should be put on once, adjusted to size and left on. Don't take it on and off. This will maximise the life of your Connector bracelet.
- Connector Bracelets are OK in water - you can shower or go for a swim with your bracelet on, as long as you don't come into contact with harsh chemicals or highly chlorinated water.
- To keep your Connector hearts and crystals in the best condition possible, keep them away from cleaning products, lotions, oils and any oxidising agents (like hair dye; peroxide).
TELL ME MORE ABOUT CRYSTALS AND GEMSTONES
We hand select each stone used in our jewellery.
aletheia & phos only use natural stones.
Each stone is one of a kind.
We don't use synthetic stones.
We don't use dyed stones.
We don't use heated or treated stones.
All colours and inclusions are natural.
All aletheia & phos stones are sourced ethically, conflict free and individually hand picked for their size, colour, clarity, shape and unique inclusions.
We do our best to accurately represent the natural colour and quality of crystals and gemstones used in our jewellery. The colour and clarity of the stone(s) you receive may vary from the image on our website. We can't guarantee your stone will be the same as the image online, we do guarantee all stones selected are the same grade. If you have a specific request, send us an email before you purchase.