Our opals are natural and require special care. We work with Australian opal and Ethiopian opal, also known as Welo opal.
Opals are considered to be a ‘soft’ stone, we recommend being very gentle with your opal jewellery with special attention to our care instructions, including storage.
STORAGE AND CARE
- Store opal jewellery separately in a cool, dry place in the protective box provided.
- Rapid changes in temperature can cause opals to crack.
- Contact with water or any other liquid will cause Welo opal to lose colour.
- Humid environments can cause Welo opals to lose colour.
- Always remove opal jewellery before washing hands, showering, swimming, exercising or any other water-contact activity.
- Take care not to drop, knock or tap opal on hard surfaces as this can cause it to crack.
- Remove jewellery before you go to sleep.
- Do not use any cleaning products on opal jewellery.