Our opals are natural and require special care. We work with Australian opal and Ethiopian opal, also known as welo opal. We recommend being very gentle with your opal jewellery with special attention to our care instructions, including storage.
STORAGE AND CARE
- Store opal jewellery separately in a cool, dry place in the protective box provided
- Rapid changes in temperature can cause opals to crack
- Contact with water or any other liquid will cause welo opal to lose colour
- Humid environments can cause welo opals to lose colour - don't leave your opal jewellery in a steamy bathroom!
- Always remove opal jewellery before washing hands, showering, swimming, exercising or any other water-contact activity
- Take care not to drop, knock or tap opal on hard surfaces as this can cause it to crack
- Remove jewellery before you go to sleep
- Do not use any cleaning products on opal jewellery